Eight hundred and fifty people have signed up for buses to the service at the Hutto detention facility in Taylor, Texas on Sunday, July 8. Here’s news you need from the event organizers:
The service will take place from 12:15 p. m. to 1pm. The signup for buses is CLOSED. Folks now need to find a ride either via carpool or Uber/Lyft/cabs. It will be hot, so people need to plan for their own food and water needs during that time, as well as sun protection.
The buses are picking people up at the Convention Center. We expect to know more about the details of where at the Convention Center later today, but 16 coaches should be hard to miss.
The buses plan to leave at 10:45, so please plan to be ready to board by 10:30. Please be patient with the process. There is one vehicle which is fully ADA accessible. If you require assistance, please wait for that vehicle.
If you are driving:
- From Hwy 79 Austin/Round Rock, take Highway 79 loop towards Rockdale. Turn left on S Edmond Street.
- From Austin and south Hwy 973, turn left on Hwy 79 and turn right on S Edmond Street.
- (There will be red balloons marking the S Edmond Street turn which is not a stoplight.)
- Turn right on Welch.
- Turn right on S. Doak Street.
- At the end of the ball fields on S. Doak Street, turn right into the grassy parking lot where people are directing traffic.
Please do not park on S. Doak Street and please do not park in the residential neighborhood.